Things are hopping around the museum this month!
We are working on the new exhibit space – the Timeline Room – and setting up terrific new exhibits. Among them are the new Hollier Eight collection of car parts, literature and even a parts manual, all generously donated by long-time member and museum curator, Kathy Clark.
John Mitchell stopped by to lend a hand with arranging our Hollier exhibit. He has a background in museum exhibitions from Western Michigan University and is active in several car restoration organizations. John, is now retired from the Staffan Mitchell Funeral Home, one of Chelsea’s oldest continuously running businesses.
Founded in 1853 by Frank Staffan, the funeral home business has been passed down from father to son for several generations. The Mitchell family moved to Chelsea in 1981. John Sr. and Gloria Mitchell bought the Staffan Funeral Home from George and Kathryn Staffan, ending a four-generation Staffan legacy. The Mitchells continue to spend countless hours supporting Chelsea’s community.
John and Gloria have generously donated funding to reprint the 36-page Hollier Eight Parts Catalog which will be on sale at our museum store later this month.